- Approved Boating Courses
- Boating Safety Course Approval
- Boating Education Research
- Education Standards Panel
- Mandatory Boater Education by State
- National Boating Education Standards
- Paddlesports Education Standards
- Take a Boating Course
- Verified Course
Boating Safety Course Approval
Parties interested in receiving NASBLA approval for their boating safety courses should download and complete the following:
- 2016-17 Procedures for Review and the Course Review Process Flow Chart.
- National Boating Education Standard - ANSI/NASBLA 103-2016: Basic Boating Knowledge-Power (effective January 1, 2016) and 2016 NASBLA Policy for Basic Boating Education Course Approval (Appendix B). (NEW: Effective 1/1/2017- NASBLA POLICY for Basic Boating Education Course Approval)
- Review the 2016-17 Fee Schedule for Course Review.
- 2016-17 Application for NASBLA Review/ Approval/Re-Approval of a Boating Education Course.
- 2016-17 Terms & Conditions for Course Approval document.
- 2016-17 Education Standard Checklist for Conformity Assessment; review and complete applicable sections of Appendices A-H.
- Flowchart Interactive Review
- Instruction Design Consultant Report
Send applicable fee, all completed documents, PLUS one electronic copy AND one printed copy of all course materials to:
1648 McGrathiana Pkwy, Suite 360
Lexington, KY 40511-1338
All courses expiring on December 31 must be submitted to NASBLA no later than October 1 of that year.
Only courses submitted by the October 1 deadline will be given extensions on their approval date if the course review is unable to be completed by the end of the calendar year.
Courses that are received by NASBLA after October 1 will be reviewed after all other courses received prior to October 1.
If a review cannot be completed before the end of the time period, the approval of courses received after October 1 will expire on December 31, without exception.